Allpar Forums banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
778 Posts
As I said earlier, I suggested, like the Fratzog is only being used for the Charger and Challenger, the Pentastar only be used on high range models, or only on the minivan.
That would make sense.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I personally love the current Chrysler wings. It's sleek and modern. I hope they keep it and evolve it over time.

I did find it strange on the rear it reads "AIRFLOW" instead of having the Chrysler logo. But it actually looks good that way.
It reminds me of how easy it would make it to pop in a Fiat bar for other markets.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hopefully the engineer out some of the obvious issues and some of the less practical design choices. Glass rooves on cars are stupid. They are heavy, have poor thermal conductivity and transmit light. They do poorly in roll over situations. But every car designer who drives a Tesla right now wants to stick one on.
That sloped rear roof line looks silly. It's much more practical to have a flat hatch giving more cargo capacity. It reduces the weight of the hatch making it easier to open and close.
White interiors get dirty easily.
The floating center console I am not too sure about. It looks out of place, especially compared to how well it's done in the Grand Wagoneer. But it does come closer to the driver so they don't need to reach as far. The steering wheel controls are needlessly capacitive touch.

I do like how the integrated the sunvisor.

With EVs comes the possibility of a cab over mini-van.

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
778 Posts
Hopefully the engineer out some of the obvious issues and some of the less practical design choices. Glass rooves on cars are stupid. They are heavy, have poor thermal conductivity and transmit light. They do poorly in roll over situations. But every car designer who drives a Tesla right now wants to stick one on.
That sloped rear roof line looks silly. It's much more practical to have a flat hatch giving more cargo capacity. It reduces the weight of the hatch making it easier to open and close.
White interiors get dirty easily.
The floating center console I am not too sure about. It looks out of place, especially compared to how well it's done in the Grand Wagoneer. But it does come closer to the driver so they don't need to reach as far. The steering wheel controls are needlessly capacitive touch.

I do like how the integrated the sunvisor.
I agree. I thought all white interiors went away in the 80's when they deserved to be put to rest. When they age they age like crap and get dirty very easily.

I also don't understand the need to put glass roofs on cars, its stupid and needs gone.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Put it on the Concorde I did earlier. Doesn't need as big of a grille opening with the new logo, so I made the black area thinner.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Simplified wing logo on all my interiors:

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer

Newport

Vehicle Speedometer Automotive design Motor vehicle Plant

Atlantic

Speedometer Car Gear shift Steering part Vehicle

Concorde/Aspen/Pacifica

Sigma and Sigma+ get the 3 spoke from the DS4, which would be similar.

Town & Country keeps the Pentastar.

Imperial keeps the Eagle logo.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 Ram 2500
240 Posts

"Right now the Chrysler brand really only has two vehicles, the 300 sedan and Pacifica minivan. But as Chris Feuell, the CEO of Chrysler, points out, it's been missing a utility vehicle from the lineup. That's why its next all-new vehicle will be a crossover and the Airflow Concept is a strong representation of what that vehicle will be, including its in-vehicle technology." - Autoline

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins.
4,548 Posts
They've needed a UV since they canned the original Pacifica. Sad that it's taking them 15 years to bring another one to market.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They could take my Grand Wagoneer based Town & Country and tum it into a rustic, Western style SUV or wagon like it was before T&C became a minivan.

·
Registered
1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
121 Posts
I agree. I thought all white interiors went away in the 80's when they deserved to be put to rest. When they age they age like crap and get dirty very easily.

I also don't understand the need to put glass roofs on cars, its stupid and needs gone.
Each to his own. My 70 Duster 340. White interiors pop. Should have seen my Dad's 71 Chrysler 300, April Green metallic over white. Spectacular looking thing.

Vehicle Car Blue Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
64 Posts
It seems the Airflow concept takes a mix from Stella's Euro brands, Japanese (in particular Mazda CX-series CUV's). This is the best direction they can go, the mid-luxury bracket, competitively and value priced vs. Tesla, Mazda, Volvo, Lincoln, BMW, Audi, Lexus CUV's. They do have to have the range and fast charging, full EV's with 300 Miles+, ability to recharge from 20% to 80% in 10 minutes with a fast charger, overnight with a home one. Quality will have be better than Tesla, especially as to body parts, ability to get repair parts. As will be sold via modified traditional dealer markets, they can get MSRP, minimize haggling.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts