Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,825 Posts
I have owned my 08 Dodge Charger with the 2.7 l for approximately 8 years and about four years ago I had to have water pump changed and also the timing chain because it jumped time then the heads as well!! So the question is that I'm having is that if there has been a recall on this problem with these starting engines because I do believe that it is going to happen again just because of how the car is running and if it's something that is common to happen with these certain motors of a sluggish issue from the Eternal water pump leaking coolant into the crankshaft which causes it to jump time then why shouldn't there be a recall on this issue! I just know it cost me $3,600 last time to have it repaired and I'm not really looking forward to paying that much again when it is a common issue and it's something that is wrong with the design of the motor itself. Let me know what I can possibly do to save myself from having to put that much money out again because I love my car but the motor keeps giving me issues and if it's something that is common for the motor itself then it should be we called not left on the owner to have to keep replacing the issues.THX
No recalls.

Reactions: World14
1 - 1 of 1 Posts