·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Its simple the middle of the latch is the release and the bump on the right side is the lock button ! :p
Yes. I didn't even know I could arm it from the hatch. Lol

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I had two open tabs, and kept flipping between the two. There aren’t huge differences, but that’s nothing that replacing the vehicle with a new model couldn’t fix. Lol. Isn’t it due for a replacement, it feels like it’s been around forever, and not in a good way?

I must admit I‘ve never been a fan of Renegade, it’s my least favorite Jeep, the styling is cartoonish IMO. No offense to anyone here who owns one, or just purchased one (as I now take my foot out of my mouth).
Hey, if I could get a decently equipped JL for under 20k.i might've done that, lol. I take no offense.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 · (Edited)
Jeep is the SUV brand.

Arguably, renegade v Buick are not really cross shopped. Their styling is very different, the lifestyle they chase is different too. I don't think Jeep needs to try to corner every SUV market share. The renegade is a beginner Jeep, and it's not a bad one. It's just not what everyone wants or needs.

I bought a used trailhawk a week ago. So far, so good. All I've read on the various groups is a few little electrical things and how good this thing is in snow, and they're not even all Trailhawk.

We just wish our old one could upgrade to uconnect 5. Lol

Chrysler.. they haven't figured out other than they're trying to to keep it. We don't know what direction they're going and the airflow concept was probably a design language test. And a "we're not dead yet" lol

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
The problem is Wrangler.

You can't do the same design but smaller with the Wrangler like you can with the Grand Cherokee design. It would make Wrangler less desirable, because if you can't afford the big one, you can get the smaller one. Wrangler is peak Jeep. They want to keep it that way, even if the masses/purists want all Jeeps with Wrangler capability.

So what do you do?
Make a trim level of every Jeep more capable off-road than any other car in it's class. Trailhawk.

Trailhawks are pretty good off-road. Some people love them, purists hate them, but nobody is going to say their cr-v is going to out perform it off-road; at least not stock v stock. Laugh and point, but it gets the job done. What brand do you see get brought out more in winter than in summer? Jeep.

I argue that they are doing things exactly right. I still would love to see a renegade-based quad-cab baby truck along the lines of Maverick. Maybe not use Comanche for the name though. 🤔

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Then you have the other side of the argument.

This renegade owner has 30" tires, a big lift, and is convinced the Wrangler is a POS. (From their verbage not mine)
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Car

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
There already is a cheap Wrangler, 2 doors and a subcompact car wheelbase, it's the one real purists want.

Trailhawks are right for Jeep, but Jeep ought to at least mean as much as Subaru and be all AWD. Dodge and Chrysler need FWD/AWD SUVs to compete with Honda/Toyota/Nissan and Acura/Lexus/Infiniti respectively, the little Jeeps just aren't competitive with them. Not giving SUVs to Dodge and Chrysler is all kinds of wrong in a market that is half SUV.
That is mostly the bad reliability record talking, not the ability or enjoyment of the vehicle they chose. Plus dealer treatment of clients after purchase at some dealers is still less than optimal at cdjr/f.

I'm in one of the Grand Wagoneer groups and while yes, teething issues are a thing in the first year, at that price point, or any, really, people shouldn't be having to deal with returns/buy backs because they've spent more time in the shop than in their driveway.

Reliability needs to step way way up, and not just that "initial quality" one. Long term. Even at the renegade level, many are happy but the electrical/tech stuff seems to be problematic.

They love their cars when they can drive them.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
No, the sales of the little Fiat based Jeeps stink because they guzzle gas compared to the competition. When the competition gets 30 mpg combined and your vehicle gets 25 mpg combined you aren't going to be near the top of the segment for sub/compact SUVs.
When your jeep has the aero of the broad side of a barn, and the weight of a 4wd car, you're not gonna get 30mpg. That's just accepted by anyone who buys one.. it's not like they don't see it. lol

I get it, you're one of those people that just doesn't like them. We are mutually opposed in this.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
What about bringing the diesel here or dropping the 2L turbo from Wrangler in it? That thing has more than enough kick for a renegade.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
With the suspension in full flex with that “lift” I’d imagine the ride quality is pretty bad. You’ll get ground clearance, but that’s about it. Norm would have quite a bit to say about that monstrosity, and none of it good. Bob Sheaves too probably, he’s not a fan of lift kits IIRC. That thing looks like a bullfrog in full rigor mortis.
Yeah that was honestly my first thoughts too, lol.
Bob and Norm would be literally wtf-ing all over that thing.

But the point is, there's people that will hate on the Wrangler and spend all their money on a Renegade before buying the much more capable Wrangler. They say it drives "like a Wrangler" but they talk about rear end noise etc and are accepting of this but not a stock Wrangler.

First impression is a bleep. Lol

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Well this was just dropped if this the New Renegade in EV form they just might pry us away from ours !!
I think this is more a compass replacement than renegade. Reason: it fits with the style it already has, adds a little Cherokee drl/headlight style up front, and has the hidden rear door handles from the first generation model.

The tail lights are a lot like the upcoming refresh renegade, but that's about it.. and it's too short to be a Cherokee. 🤔

What if it's smaller than the current compass?

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I honestly think it is the replacement for the Renegade....They didn't really do much with the current update only a grill change and inclusion of the digital instrument panel. Plus the Renegade is a full 2 years older than the Compass and it looks like it has styling cues from both Compass and Renegade. I just hope this makes the market because it is a sharp looking little CUV
Do you think the update (if they're only for the other markets) would be a waste then, if they're just going to replace it with this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.