Allpar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,491 Posts
I am more concerned why they haven't offered the 1.3T in the Compass than whether they drop the base engine in the Renegade. They just need to make the 1.3T a standalone option for any trim. Where is this 1.5T we have heard about? Why do they keep spending on Brazil when the US is their profit center?
Yeah their priorities are really odd. The one thing no one ever answers is, if it's the crack management team here that says, let's keep the 2.4 around because we don't want to spend much on the lower Fiat based Jeeps, or something else.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
I have never owned anything but Mopars and Jeeps after they became Mopars. I won't ever change that. I'll admit, the last few years of Sergio and the crack management team, have tarnished my attitude a bit, but I'm willing to see what Carlos can do.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
I absolutely agree with you, but if you were running the company, would you shut down the factory, or would you plan a better replacement for the Cherokee?
I'd make the replacement for the Cherokee better by looking at it's shortcomings. Here's where I differ some from others. I'd go back to rear/4wd and base it on the Grand Cherokee architecture. Design it to look more like an update of the original Cherokee. Engine would be the 2.0T. Make one or two levels of price, but don't make it as well equipped as the Grand. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
And that's why they should base the next Cherokee on a Jeep platform. That way the FWD/AWD platforms can be Dodge or Chrysler. They honestly could've fixed it already. The two row could've been the Cherokee and the three row Grand Cherokee. But no, they are all about max margins even if the public in this class of vehicle is all about 7 passenger capabilities.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
They could use the old WK, but I fear that the new two row will take a 3rd row seat compared to the L. They could've decontented the new two row some and lower the price, call it the new Cherokee. I just saw a new WL two row that is 71k. That's insane. The highest L that the dealer currently has is 62k. Who in their right mind would give up that kinda volume for 9k.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
They might be able to design a platform that could work for both, but will need refinement for passenger minivan use.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
As TJs and XJs disappear they are being replaced by 4 door Wranglers in the east and south. As a person who recently bought a new Jeep GCL, I'm still trying to figure out how these folks afford all the tires, suspension upgrades etc on 50k plus, new Wranglers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.