Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Some minor changes, but overall, the average person will not be able to tell the difference between this and the first models that came out.

But us being Mopar fans, we can see the difference. I do like the headlight changes and while I personally like the shape of the vehicle.... it is really time for a new generation of this thing. It isn't selling like they'd hoped and it's behind the competition in terms of things that people actually want now days, tech, safety, etc.

The Renegade say 15k drop in sales from 2020 to 2021. Overall, sales peaked in 2016 with 106k. We're now at 47k and it has been dropping every year since 2016. Time for a complete overhaul and new generation of the Renegade.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I didn't care much for the renegade when it first came out because of the front end. This minor facelift makes it at least 2x better to me.
I do think this front end is nicer for sure. The rear, they actually softened it up a little bit which kind of surprises me. If you covered the Jeep badge and only showed the rear... it looks more Fiat with the rounded back.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Jeep doesn't need this vehicle, Chrysler does. The "Renegade" should be going after GM's Trax/Encore...this vehicle can't do that as a Jeep.
People that are looking to buy a Trax/Encore won't cross shop this because it looks "butch", and the Jeep crowd laughes at the restyled FIAT "Barbie Jeep".
No need to be preaching to the choir here, lol. I know. Jeep should have a small CUV thing, but Chrysler also needs one.

The Buick Encore had been one of Buick's best selling vehicles for over five years and is still one of their best selling and highest rated vehicles. It really helped Buick sales in the US when it was released and was a capable little vehicle. Chrysler does indeed need a small, luxurious little run-about like the Encore.

The Trax has never been nearly the success as the Encore... even scoring poorly in some reviews. But if Chrysler can aim at the Encore or higher, they could have a successful vehicle in the segment. Kudos for Buick even offering AWD in the Encore and both the Encore/Trax have a spacious interior despite their diminutive size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.