Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glass roofs are a bad idea. What is needed is better thermal insulation for BEVs to reduce parasitic battery loads for cooling and heating. Rubber band tires are also a bad idea considering the poor quality of many of America's roads. A tire engineer once told me there is no benefit to be gained by going to a lower aspect ratio than 65. As to some hybrid form, why hasn't the industry looked at serial hybrids with a small, and I mean small, get home genset, with power sufficient to operate the vehicle at 100km/62mph on a flat road. My 2003 Neon only needed 12 hp. to travel at that speed. Since a genset operates at single speed, it can be more efficient than the usual ICE.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Apple's success has lain in developing products and software that are conceptual leaps from what has been available previously. The Apple Car Concept does not appear to do that. The exterior and interior morphology are retreads. The only hidden factor is autonomous control, but I am highly doubtful that promise can be fulfilled in less than decades of development. Apple also puts huge profit margins on its products, which is doable for small electronic appliances but would not be possible for an automobile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.